The threat of pests is always lurking around the corner, find out if your at risk…
Paramount professionals have been servicing New Jersey residents with quality pest control for more than 80 years, so you can rest assured knowing that you are in the best hands!
Pest risk factors
- Even the smallest openings around your home can act as a gateway for unwanted pests such as rodents, cockroaches and other outdoor pests. Sealing up gaps around pipes, gutters, and doorways is the first step in effective pest prevention.
- Open garbage cans in and around the home can be a beacon for pests like ants, cockroaches and wild animals. Instead, try using garbage cans with lids and remove any open garbage containers from underneath sinks inside your home.
- Remove any open food products from your pantry, as these can attract “pantry pests” such as grain beetles and weevils. Try using tightly sealed containers to store things like cereal, flour and grains.
- Crawl spaces and attics that are not sealed can become access points for squirrels, spiders, rodents and other pests to enter your home.
- The accumulation of moisture around your property can create a breeding ground for mosquitoes, even in blocked gutters and bird baths.
- Tiny cracks in door frames and window seals can let in outdoor pests like pesky mosquitoes and flies.
- Tree branches that make contact or hang over your roof can become a highway for pest activity.
- High grasses and thick brush greatly increase the potential for problems with wild animals and rodents.
- Stack fire wood a fair distance from your home as it attracts termites, carpenter ants, and can be used as pest harborage.