Even if you’ve only seen one, there may be more. Cockroach problems can become BIG, FAST! Get control before it becomes a bigger problem. Families and businesses in Hudson County, NJ having been choosing Paramount Exterminating to get rid of their cockroach problems since 1930. That’s because we make it easy with our 3 step treatments…
3 – Step Treatment Plan
STEP 1: INSPECTION AND TREATMENT
Your technician will assess the problem and perform the initial treatment. Spraying, baiting, and trapping methods are all applied based on what the technician finds during your inspection. This service generally takes 30 – 45 minutes and will knock out the majority of your cockroach activity. Expect to see what appears to be an increase in cockroach activity, as this treatment forces them out of their hiding places and causes them to interact with our materials for the fastest control possible.
STEP 2: FOLLOW-UP TREATMENT AND REINSPECTION
We schedule you for follow up visit 1-2 weeks after your initial service so that your technician can assess the treatment program, retreat problem areas, and replace controls as needed. Your technician will ask you if you have seen more roach activity and will ask you to pin point affected areas so they can be treated aggressively to achieve the quickest results possible. This service generally take 20-30 minutes and ensures that the problem will not return.
Step 3: (optional)
STEP 3: SECOND FOLLOW-UP TREATMENT AND REINSPECTION (Optional)
While we handle most cockroach problems in the first two visits, sometimes additional follow-up services are needed to take care of more advanced problems. Your technician will discuss this with you if they feel its necessary. Additional treatment measures like fogging are available for large spaces and aggressive infestations. The time allotted for second follow-up services varies depending on the severity of the problem.
Put Roaches in Their Place
- Complete cockroach control – Your technician is your cockroach expert. They will assess the problem, create a treatment program, and perform the initial treatment. Spraying, baiting, and trapping methods are all applied based on what the technician finds during your inspection.
- Maintaining pressure – We schedule you for follow up visit 1-2 weeks after your initial service so that your technician can assess the treatment program and replace controls as needed.
- Long-term prevention – Your technician will find any entry points, food/water sources that may attract them, and educate you on how to prevent future problems
- Additional follow-ups – Sometimes additional follow-up services are needed to take care of more advanced problems. Your technician will discuss this with you if they feel its necessary.
Long-Term Cockroach Protection
- Residual treatments – Takes care of most insects and lasts well beyond your treatment date to ensure continued results.
- Pest activity monitoring – Pest monitors that will trap cockroaches and other small pests are placed in areas that are prone to problems. They are replaced on each service as needed.
Pest Entry: Cockroaches can enter your home in a variety of ways including outside cracks and crevices, pipes that enter the home, vents and sewer lines. They also gain entry when carried in on boxes, grocery bags and other items that get brought into the home. They can even be brought in a person’s clothing.
Environment: Cockroaches need warmth, food and water to survive, making your home is an ideal location to cockroaches to live and reproduce. They generally prefer tight hidden places that offer protection like small cracks and crevice. They are scavengers that will eat almost anything and require little water to survive, keeping them active all year long. Generally found in kitchens, bathrooms, basements and areas where water is available.
Reproduction: Cockroaches can reproduce very quickly and in large numbers. This makes them a serious threat and difficult to treat using over-the-counter products.
Sightings: If you’ve seen one cockroach, chances are there are more that you haven’t seen. Since they are nocturnal pests, people often see them at night when turning on kitchen and bathroom lights and they quickly scatter. Cockroaches seen during the day may indicate an infestation, as they were like forced out by overcrowding.
Heath Concerns: Cockroaches have been known to host a variety of pathogens and diseases and dust from their droppings and skin casts have been known to cause allergic reactions in children and adults.
Home Remedies: Cockroaches are a constant threat and unfortunately, most over-the-counter products simply won’t work. This is because their eggs remain unaffected by over the counter products, only destroying the adult population. Once those eggs hatch, the problem starts all over again. It requires special tools, training and expertise to fully eliminate these pests.
What type of cockroach is it? It makes a BIG difference. Find out here!
Unknown allergy? It could be from cockroaches!
Pest prevention tips from the Pros
Why Families and Businesses Choose Paramount
- Faster Service – Get your services scheduled quickly and on YOUR time. No one wants to wait weeks for treatment, and we get that.
- Local and Reliable – We have pest control technicians in Union City, Jersey City, Hoboken, Weehawken, North Bergen, and Hudson County everyday to assist our customers at a moments notice!
- More Efficient – We get things done right the first time, saving you time, money, and frustration.
- Better Tools – Our technicians only use the best products available on the professional market making treatments more effective and longer lasting.
- Better variety of treatment methods – including green treatments and baiting programs.
- More Experience – We’ve been defeating cockroaches since 1930, and have the most experienced technicians in the industry.
With a free estimate from one of our experienced professionals, you learn about all of the benefits of Paramount’s services. We will work with you to design a specialized program specific to your needs! Call or click for a free estimate.